It was originated in Bhutan, North Eastern India, Cambodia, Vietnam, Indonesia, Philippines and Papau New Guinea. Adarwood had pleasing and complex odor. In ancient civilizations, agarwood and its essential has got significant importance in the world. Usually it is sold by weight and mostly consumed in Japan and Saudi Arabia. It is also known as Aloeswood. As it is rarely found in wild, it is cultivated and artificial infection is created to the resin.
Benefits of Agarwood Fragrance Oil
Agarwood essential oil possesses emotional and spiritual benefits. It demonstrates the mind and strengthens thought and increase emotional quotient. The inhalation of agarwood essential oil supports focus and prevents negativity. It also alleviates anxiety, stress by increasing tranquility, and calmness. A few drops could be inhaled directly or diffused at night. It helps to overcome insomnia due to the presence of valerian that is related to promote deeper sleep and calm. It is used by Tibetan monks to enhance inner energy and calms soul and mind.
This essential oil helps to provide relief from the painful conditions such as arthritis and rheumatism because it possesses anti-inflammatory, anti-rheumatic, and analgesic properties. Agarwood oil could be diluted with carrier oils such as jojoba or coconut to provide relief from pain.
Agarwood essential oil helps to overcome sexual problems due to its aphrodisiac properties. It promotes sperm count, libido, and counteracts premature ejaculation. Do a patch test before applying to the skin.
Being a tonic, it nourishes the skin and treats skin ailments. It repairs the damaged skin cells and counteracts free radical damage which is the cause for age marks and wrinkles.
Use of Agarwood Fragrance Oil
- It helps to cure inflammatory conditions such as rheumatism, gout, bronchial infections, chronic headaches and cardiovascular problems.
- This oil helps to clear bronchitis, eliminate body odor, ease headaches, treat leprosy, skin imbalances and cirrhosis of liver.
- It helps to treat bronchial asthma, stomach problems, painful joints and rheumatic aches.
- It is also used to lower blood pressure.
- Massage with a few drops of Agarwood oil on tummy to enhance the digestive function, promote gastric juices and provide relief from bloating and gas.
- The topical application of Agarwood essential oil (few drops to the bottom of the feet) expels the nasty toxins.
- Massage after the oil has been diluted with carrier oil to the painful joints or aching muscles or it could be added to the hot compress and applied to the affected area.
- It helps to prevent urinary problems.