Iris root oil has a violet-like, sweet, soft, warm and highly comforting fragrance. The oil not only possesses an appealing scent but also has health and beauty benefits. It can loosen mucus and quiet dry coughs, making it good for treating bronchitis and whooping cough. It is used for treating bronchitis and sinus infections. Iris root oil also has a regulating effect on nervous disorders and is helpful for emotional shock, fatigue, stress and depression. Cosmetically, the oil helps to maintain healthy skin and nourishes sensitive skin. It is frequently used in exclusive skin-care products. Iris root oil can also gently deep-clean oily, blemished skin and may even help regulate overactive sebaceous glands.
- Egyptian heritage: The ancient Egyptians cherished the Iris flower, believing that it symbolized power and majesty.In fact, it’s so important that the Egyptians placed Iris on the brow of the Sphinx and on their king’s scepters to signify faith, wisdom, and valor.
- A colorful origin: Iris takes its name from the Greek word for ‘Rainbow’, also referring to the Greek goddess of the rainbow, Iris.
- A royal plant: During the middle ages, the Iris plant became synonymous with the French monarchy. The national symbol of France, the Fleur-de-lis, is based on the figure of the Iris to symbolize royalty and heritage.
Benefits of Iris Fragrance Oil
For nearly a millennium, the iris plant has been recognized for its beauty and representation of happiness and vitality. Now, in the cosmetic industry, iris extract has become renowned for more than just its aesthetic and aromatic qualities. Botanically derived from the roots of Iris germanica, iris extract possesses a high concentration of isoflavones and rhizomes. 1 As a result, iris is popular to include in cosmetic formulations due to its potential to provide potent antioxidant effects that help protect the skin by neutralizing free radicals present in the environment. In addition, iris oil is frequently used in perfumery to provide a desirable, floral scent.
Use of Iris Fragrance Oil
- Lifting: Iris Fragrance Oil has unparalleled abilities. Research has shown that the active plant cells in Iris Oil renew and re-energise the epidermis to leave your skin looking tighter, firmer and more youthful.
- Toning: If anti-ageing is your primary concern, then Iris Oil. As we age, our skin can start to look dull and lacklustre, but Iris Fragrance Oil works to detoxify the skin as well as tighten the epidermis to transform your complexion.To give your skin a burst of youthful energy, Frankincense Oil is also highly effective at reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Nourishing: Iris Fragrance Oil contains potent moisturising properties to soften and plump the complexion. Whether your skin is dry or oily, Iris Oil injects hydration into the epidermis to nourish skin.